Thursday, March 03, 2016

Ushering in Spring and New Adventures

Spring is certainly ushering in here where we live. Uh huh From the (somewhat stifling*) warmer and windy days lately to the tiny, green leaves pushing their way up out of the ground, we're seeing the signs everywhere. So, why not doodle some flowers the Lisa Congdon way? Besides the current projects on my studio desk, I'm trying to work in little warm-ups here and there to expand my skill-set and learn new artsy things along the way.

Of course, any day isn't complete without the perfect cup of tea in hand. Most days, my preference is PG Tips. On occasion, we pull out the Yorkshire Gold or Scottish Blend. Usually, those blends are saved for winter days or cooler, rainy days throughout the Spring and Summer.

There are many new projects and upcoming changes both myself and the mister are looking forward to sharing with you. One of them is resurrecting our joint blog, Paper Chains & Bunting, about our life and journey along the way. Won't you come 'follow' us? We'd love to have you visit and share our adventures!

* Michael's not a fan of the warmer weather and is already saying over and over, "It's stifling out!"
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. a visit with you always calms my mind,, such a joy,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...that really means a lot to me, Laurie. Hope you're having a lovely week. xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely happy sketch and love the mug too, off to follow the blog if I haven't done already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christine! Have a great Thursday! :)

      Delete
  3. not a fan of really humid weather, set off the MS but its nice to be able to open the windows without having to wear a jacket :p

    love those colours together :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha but sorry to hear of your MS. Awwww I'm with you on opening up the windows! Thank you re my illustration. :)

      Delete
  4. Love the vivid beautiful colors. I like the ice tea blend of Darjeeling and Ceylon whole leaf tea that Upton concocts. I drink it iced or hot but I don't do the sun tea method as they suggest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Faye! I'll have to try your combo for tea! :)

      Delete
  5. love your flower doodles!! i'm so ready for some spring blooms! it won't be much longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you. I'm so ready, too. In fact, I went out to our potted garden this morning and began "cleaning" things up as I can see little green leaves starting to pop through the dirt. :)

      Delete
  6. What lovely and vibrant flowers! They're so sweet and energetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. So lovely to see you pop in today. :)

      Delete
  7. Yes I am like Michael, I like a nip in the air (that is the English way). Spring here in MD is often boiling! Will check out your joint blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll share that with him. hee Hope you do follow along! :)

      Delete
  8. I don't really like the warmer weather either! LOL! Love your beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your artwork, it's so fun doodling flowers isn't it? I love the Spring but summer can get too hot for me even here in England hehe.
    Have a great weekend!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. And awww....hubby said it seems like all it does is rain there. lol :)
      xx

      Delete
  10. I just love your flower doodles! I love all of your doodles! lol! They put a smile on my face when I really need it at times, and for that I say, Thank you! I do agree with your hubby though. I also am not a fan of the warmer weather. Could it be because I live in southern Arizona? lol! Have a nice week end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...hee thank you, Charlotte. Totally appreciate your lovely comment. Hee Yes, Arizona can get pretty hot!! :)

      Delete
  11. love your beautiful drawings and the colors. I have missed you the last few weeks on Sunday Sketches cause I was out of town! Looking forward to getting back in the swing of things to come. Have a great new week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flower doodles make me want spring to come even sooner. Gorgeous colourful blooms.
    I personally don't like it too hot especially after living in the Middle East, but I would like it a little warmer in Bonnie Scotland.
    Today we have a little flurry of snow once again.
    Have a wonderful creative week ahead Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig